What can cemeteries tell us beyond the names, birth and death dates of our ancestors? Turns out a whole lot! Learn how to interpret your ancestors gravestones with Lara Thomas of Berks County Association for Graveyard Preservation.
Lara walks us through real examples of gravestones and we learn:
- How to interpret the location of the grave in relation to the church building
- Looking for memorial plaques
- Clues to status and relationships in inscriptions
- How costs of gravestones and internment affect current burials
Get ready to get outside this spring and spend time with your ancestors!
Watch on YouTube
- Berks County Association for Graveyard Preservation bcagp.org
- Maxatawny Warehouses at Hottenstein Road Facebook Group
Your Pennsylvania Ancestors is distributed through the following channels:
© 2019–2022 PA Ancestors L.L.C. and Denys Allen. All Rights Reserved.