Listen to the Audio Podcast
Erie County, PA is the focus of this week’s episode. Jodi Schersten, President of the Erie Society for Genealogical Research shares what is in their extensive collection for genealogists.
The Erie Society for Genealogical Research is an all volunteer group which works out of the Hagan History Center in Erie, PA. They are who you want to contact to further your research in Erie and the surrounding counties.
- What’s unique about Erie and Erie County.
- What resources the Society has created and collected for members.
- Why genealogists with ancestors in the area would love a trip to Erie.
- How to use their collections and resources if you can’t make it to Erie.
- Fun stories of discovery and connection she’s made in her research.
Listen in and learn about Erie County research!
- Erie Society for Genealogical Research – main website
- ESGR Research Services
- Hagen History Center (formerly called the Erie County Historical Society) – historical records archive and museum.
- Genealogy Collection – Heritage Room at the Blasco Public Library
- Erie Maritime Museum – learn about the history of this bustling port and experience the tall ships when they visit each year.
- Waterford, PA History – website to by the Fort LeBoeuf Historical Society
- Drake’s Well Museum and Park – learn about the discovery of oil in PA!
Your Pennsylvania Ancestors is distributed through the following channels:
© 2019–2022 PA Ancestors L.L.C. and Denys Allen. All Rights Reserved.