Podcast Episode 21: Break Through Brick Walls with Berks County Genealogical Society
Berks County Genealogical Society, gives genealogy researchers methods on how to solve brick wall problems using local records in Berks County, Pennsylvania. Learn how to break down your genealogy brick walls no matter which county in PA!
Listen to the Audio Podcast
The local genealogical societies around Pennsylvania are experts on local records and history. Michelle Ebert, Board Member of Berks County Genealogical Society, gives researchers methods on how to solve brick wall problems using local records.
Most genealogy researchers will spend hundreds of hours on the computer trying to solve their brick walls – areas of their research where they are stuck, usually involving finding the parents of an ancestor. Most brick walls problems can be solved using local records.
In this episode Michelle Ebert shares:
- The most common reasons researchers have brick walls.
- Key records genealogical societies hold.
- What local records help break down brick walls.
- How to “back door” brick walls.
- And, a story of how she worked out one of her own brick walls.
Break through your brick walls using local records and local knowledge of Pennsylvania’s genealogical societies.
- Berks County Genealogical Society main website – www.berksgenes.org
Your Pennsylvania Ancestors is distributed through the following channels:
© 2019–2022 PA Ancestors L.L.C. and Denys Allen. All Rights Reserved.