Millions of American have German ancestry that can be traced to early Pennsylvania. Author James Beidler shares good practices and common mistakes in researching our German American ancestors.
- The two waves of German immigrants into Pennsylvania
- Underutilized resources in genealogy research
- Common mistakes in German research
- Why you need good maps of the right time period
- The upcoming International German Genealogy Conference
- And a big surprise for me at the end of the episode!
Lots of great tips to research your German ancestors!
James Beidler’s website for his books and upcoming lectures – jamesmbeidler.com
- The Family Tree Historical Newspapers Guide
- Trace Your German Roots Online
- The Best of “Roots & Branches” – 5th Ed.
- Legacy QuickGuide: German Genealogy
- The Family Tree German Genealogy Guide
- The Family Tree Historical Atlas of Germany
Jim’s current newspaper columns – roots-branches.com