If you’ve been wondering, “What is a Prothonotary?”, this episode is for you. Jonathan Del Collo is the Prothonotary for Berks County, PA and he explains what his office does and the records they have for genealogists.
When Pennsylvania formed it’s court system, they made a unique title for their civil county court administration. It’s confused a lot of researchers over the years, and in this episode we unravel and simplify what a prothonotary is and what the office does.
In this episode Jonathan Del Collo shares:
- The key civil cases his office handles
- What genealogical information can be found in court records
- How to search the records
- How to make requests to county offices around the state
- What historical preservation efforts Berks County is doing
Jonathan loves genealogy and he even developed a mobile app for genealogists. Click the link below or search the app store for “Berks County Prothonotary.”
Berks County Prothonotary Website – be sure to check all the Genealogy and Historical Record links